WHAT FORGIVENESS IS NOT………..
- Forgetting deep hurts which are rarely wiped out of one’s awareness.
- Condoning or excusing the bad behaviour.
- Reconciling because reconciliation takes two people, the injured party can forgive an offender without reconciliation.
- Dismissing, forgiveness involves taking the offence seriously, not passing it off as inconsequential or insignificant.
- Pardoning because to grant a pardon is a legal transaction which releases an offender from the consequences of an action, such as a penalty. Forgiveness is a personal transaction that releases the offender from the offence.