Beautifully directed, skilfully photographed and a story worth telling as seen through the eyes of an unbeliever- a centurion who was present at the resurrection.
We too can enjoy in the new life that Jesus’ Resurrection promises, but there are conditions, we need to stay along the path that is straight and narrow. “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matthew 7 13-15)
A narrow gate is harder to pass through than one that is wide, and only a few people can go through a narrow gate at once. In saying “difficult is the way which leads to eternal life,” Jesus was explaining how hard being a Christian really is.
HOWEVER, it also means that you don’t follow trends and fads and be of the world because the world is broken and can lead to destruction.
GOD NEVER CHANGES, WHAT WAS, IS, FOREVER WILL BE. God knew what He was doing when He created the world, the message hasn’t changed even though the tides change. God never said it would be easy, but He promised it would be worth it!!! (Matthew 7 13-15)
Dear Lord, Help us to never forget how much You loved the world that You gave us your only Son- Jesus Christ to redeem us. Help us to appreciate the selfless sacrifice Jesus made so that we may have new life. Please make us strong so that we can keep on the narrow path and our names to be written in the book of life and to share in the glory of heaven. AMEN
THESE ARE SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART THAT EVOKE A REACTION AND ARE EXTREMELY MOVING.
“La Pieta” sculpture
|Dimensions||174 cm × 195 cm (68.5 in × 76.8 in)|
|Location||St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City|
When I first saw this it brought me to tears , it was so life like, the veins and expressions on Jesus and Mary were real. Michelangelo certainly had God’s spirit in him when he created this beautiful moving sculpture.
The painting of the “Descent from the cross” by Van der Weyden and by Hugo van der Goes are remarkable in the way Mary’s pain is depicted with such depth. No doubt, the spirit of God was working through him as well.
FORGIVENESS AND REPENTANCE CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIENDS. THERE ARE MANY BLOCKAGES TO INNER HEALING, TWO OF THOSE ARE UNFORGIVENESS & UNREPENTANCE
Peter asked Jesus how many times should he forgive his brother. Peter thought maybe seven times might be a fair limit. But Jesus said“seventy times seven” (Matthew 18:21-22). Of course Jesus didn’t mean literally 490 times, but rather that the number of times are not to be counted.
We all know how hard it is to forgive, especially when the scars run deep. But that unforgiveness and unrepentance of your own sins, can really hold you back from receiving God’s grace.
YOU CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER PERSON RECONCILE TO YOU Being angry is not a sin, it’s what you do that makes the difference.
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean you have to continue the friendship with the person who has hurt you
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean reconciliation, reconciliation takes two people, but the injured party can forgive an offender without reconciliation.
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean forgetting, deep hurts can rarely be wiped out of one’s awareness
- FORGIVENESS does not mean condoning, forgiveness doesn’t mean excusing bad or hurtful behaviour
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean dismissing the bad behaviour, one cannot pass it off as inconsequential or insignificant
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean a pardon, a pardon is a legal transaction which releases an offender from the consequences of an action, such as a penalty. Forgiveness is a personal transaction that releases the one offended from the offence. So forgive and then forgive again, give them (the offender..s) ) to God, let Him deal with the hurt so that you may be free. If you are holding on to hurts, they may be manifesting themselves in spiritual and physical ways, such as sleeplessness, headaches, distrusting innocent people, not wanting to be social or make new friends. Pray to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to give you the strength to move on.SEE WITH JESUS’ EYES, ASK JESUS TO GIVE YOU A NEW REVELATION ENABLING YOU TO SEE ( offender) AND THE SITUATION THROUGH HIS EYES. PRAYERS
- Lord please release me from all effects of emotional and spiritual hurts I have received and from the effects of my own reactions to them.
- Lord please release (name of offender) from my wrong attitudes and harmful thoughts. I release ( him/her) to You who judges fairly. ( Mat 18:18) ( 1Peter 2:23)
- Lord please bless (name the offender) ‘s life and I give them to you. (Is: 41: 9-11)
I appreciate the artist’s skill and how he bows at the end.
I hope it moves you as much as it has moved me.
WOW!!!!! WHAT A POWERFUL REFLECTION
HIS NAME DESTROYS SIN, HIS NAME STANDS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES
HE IS THE KING OF THE UNIVERSE, IF YOU WANT SALVATION THIS IS YOUR KING!!!!!