FORGIVENESS AND REPENTANCE CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIENDS. THERE ARE MANY BLOCKAGES TO INNER HEALING, TWO OF THOSE ARE UNFORGIVENESS & UNREPENTANCE
Peter asked Jesus how many times should he forgive his brother. Peter thought maybe seven times might be a fair limit. But Jesus said“seventy times seven” (Matthew 18:21-22). Of course Jesus didn’t mean literally 490 times, but rather that the number of times are not to be counted.
We all know how hard it is to forgive, especially when the scars run deep. But that unforgiveness and unrepentance of your own sins, can really hold you back from receiving God’s grace.
YOU CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER PERSON RECONCILE TO YOU Being angry is not a sin, it’s what you do that makes the difference.
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean you have to continue the friendship with the person who has hurt you
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean reconciliation, reconciliation takes two people, but the injured party can forgive an offender without reconciliation.
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean forgetting, deep hurts can rarely be wiped out of one’s awareness
- FORGIVENESS does not mean condoning, forgiveness doesn’t mean excusing bad or hurtful behaviour
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean dismissing the bad behaviour, one cannot pass it off as inconsequential or insignificant
- FORGIVENESS doesn’t mean a pardon, a pardon is a legal transaction which releases an offender from the consequences of an action, such as a penalty. Forgiveness is a personal transaction that releases the one offended from the offence. So forgive and then forgive again, give them (the offender..s) ) to God, let Him deal with the hurt so that you may be free. If you are holding on to hurts, they may be manifesting themselves in spiritual and physical ways, such as sleeplessness, headaches, distrusting innocent people, not wanting to be social or make new friends. Pray to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to give you the strength to move on.SEE WITH JESUS’ EYES, ASK JESUS TO GIVE YOU A NEW REVELATION ENABLING YOU TO SEE ( offender) AND THE SITUATION THROUGH HIS EYES. PRAYERS
- Lord please release me from all effects of emotional and spiritual hurts I have received and from the effects of my own reactions to them.
- Lord please release (name of offender) from my wrong attitudes and harmful thoughts. I release ( him/her) to You who judges fairly. ( Mat 18:18) ( 1Peter 2:23)
- Lord please bless (name the offender) ‘s life and I give them to you. (Is: 41: 9-11)